Creating an Apple Developer Account
An Apple Developer Account is required in order to host your custom branded app in the app store. The information below walks through enrolling in the Apple Developer Program.
After setting up an Apple Developer Account, please invite email@example.com as a user. Once added as a user, Paperless will then get your app submitted for approval.
During the enrollment process, you will need access to the following:
- Legal organization/company name
- D-U-N-S® number
- If you are not sure of your D-U-N-S® number, use this Apple-provided lookup tool or reach out to your finance team.
- Your company website address
- A contact phone number
- Apple will call you to verify your enrollment.
- An email address to use for the account registration
- Apply for an Apple Developer Account
- Once your Apple ID has been registered and confirmed, navigate to the Apple Developer Program Enrollment page to start the enrollment process.
- Create Your Apple ID
- The email address you use for the account registration should be tied to an Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID registered with that email address, please do so here.
- Note: Please enroll as an "Organization". We will not be able to submit your app under an Individual account.
- After you complete the enrollment forms, a representative from Apple will call and/or email you to verify your enrollment information and continue the enrollment process.
- Payment to Apple
- After verification, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will also include steps for you to pay for your Apple Developer Program membership.
- Note: If you are an accredited institution, government entity, or non-profit organization, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver.
Add Paperless as a User to Your Account
Once you have completed the enrollment process, please invite Paperless as an Admin to your account.
This is necessary for Paperless to keep your app up-to-date and functioning properly. Admin access is necessary in order to create push certificates and provisioning profiles, both of which are needed to submit and maintain your application.
To invite Paperless to your Apple Developer Account, navigate to the "people" management page for your developer account.
- Click on the "Invite People" button at the top of the page.
- In the "Invite as Admins" section, please enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then, click "Invite" at the bottom of the page.
You will also need to invite Paperless to your App Store Connect account (App Store Connect was previously known as "iTunes" Connect). To do so, navigate to the "Users and Roles" section of App Store Connect, then:
- Click the "+" symbol next to "Users"
- Under the First Name and Last Name fields, fill in "Paperless"
- Under Email, please use the same email address email@example.com
- On the next page, select the "App Manager" role and click the Next button
- On the final page, leave the notification settings blank and click "Save"
That's it! You are all finished! We will now get your app submitted and notify you as soon as it is approved (typically takes 3-5 business days).